JOB TRANSITION TO HAPPINESS

I was inspired to write this blog post because of a mentor I found in Hope Frank after attending a Women Leaders summit, and a recent post by LinkedIn innovator Michaela Alexis.

She asked if we thought job-hopping was wreck-less or necessary in today's business role?

I answered:

One of my mentors put it beautifully in saying that she turned job-hopping into an art form. Carefully transitioning from one company to the next - leaving it better than she found it. She kept her promise by providing the results they sought in the job description, exceeding their expectations with each evaluation, but when the role no longer served her purpose or career plan she moved on amicably - training her replacement when possible. Realizing it also didn’t serve the company well to stay in a role she had clearly outgrown. By holding onto a job longer than necessary she prevented someone else from stepping into a role that would help them take that next step in their career. Some are company-lifers who grow within a position until they settle into their purpose as manager of that experience. Others collect experiences that lead to creating a role that builds a new company, allowing them to hire employees who also never found a title that served their skill set. Wishing you all joy in your work and challenge you not to hold yourself or others back on that journey. Adjusting our mindset to recall work history as experiences we’re grateful for because they helped us find clarity in our definition of success.



Being confident enough to leave a role when it no longer served my vision is why I'm now in a position to build a website and livestream marketing course to help others find success in the business they also built to share their talent with the world. Sometimes my leaving was a surprise and other times it was a mutual agreement we didn't realize we settled on at the same time. Stay tuned for why I am exactly where I need to be at this very moment. I'm so happy I get to share this experience with you.

Comments

Popular Posts